The Royal Equestrian Services (Pty) Ltd Factory, formerly known as the Agri-Invest Factory, opened its doors in November 2007. Well known showjumping champion, Lorette Knowles-Taylor cut the ribbon at the opening which was attended by riders, feed distributors and interested parties.
The two horse feed brands, Vitaline Feeds and Victory Feeds were also launched at the opening of the factory and have since become very popular products in the equestrian market. We owe this success to the many loyal customers who have supported us through the growing pains and are still with us today. Without the unconditional support of each and every customer we would not have been able to achieve such success in just a few years. By customers we also include all the feed retailers / distributors who have been instrumental in getting the feed delivered to the customers and thereby making it so much easier for customers to feed our products.
The success of the factory (and products) lies in the following:
- The factory is computerized which aids in manufacturing of consistent products. All formulas are read into the computer and digital scales weigh individual ingredients before it all gets mixed together. By eliminating the human factor and trusting properly calibrated scales and electronic processes, one gets consistent products time after time.
- The computerized system further produces print-outs of each and every batch produced which aids in proper traceability.
- Furthermore the buying of A grade raw materials is vital and this is done through reputable suppliers who provide analysis of their products on demand.
- All pre-mixes (vitamin / mineral packs) are mixed and supplied by Advit – leaders in the premix industry. Advit is our choice of premix supplier for many reasons but also because they do not mix any products that contain potentially harmful ingredients for equines.
- Last but not least is our amazing compliment of staff including Office Manager / Accountant: Karen Jonker, Factory Manager: Marius van der Merwe, Owner: Renita de Beer and all our hard working factory staff.
Renita de Beer:
Renita started this business together with a few business partners in 2007. Today she is the sole owner of Royal Equestrian Services (Pty) Ltd. She is a passionate horse woman who competes in showjumping and has been involved with many aspects of the sport over the years. Together with her husband they live on a smallholding just outside Pretoria where they stable their own horses and breed the occasional Warmblood. Renita enjoys teaching horse owners about nutrition and feeding and helping them get their horses in peak condition. She finds great satisfaction in seeing horses thrive on her products!
The factory is situated near Bapsfontein, Gauteng.
GPS Coördinates: S 25?57’06.81” E 28?23’41.95”
Visitors to the factory are always welcome!
The factory is open Mondays to Fridays from 7:30 – 16:30.